Just recently, the monster travel review site TripAdvisor announced the winners of their Travelers Choice Awards for 2014.
I love checking out this list each year, not just for my own curiosity, but to check out what’s new, hot and cool out there on the market.
It’s never too late to add places to your bucket list, right?
What I also like about the awards process is that it takes into account the opinions of the members of the site. Whenever I go anywhere I always check the TripAdvisor reviews, especially on hotels, so I certainly trust what I see on the site. Not to mention, they are usually pretty dead on.
So let’s see who the big winners were this year!
No huge surprises here as the winners are basically dominated by Hawaii and Florida, duh. But a couple of other spots made it in like Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina and a couple of New England beaches, Ogunquit Beach in Maine and Race Point Beach on Cape Cod.
The Top 10 Are:1. Lanikai Beach – Kailua, Hawaii
2. Ka’anapali Beach – Lahaina, Hawaii
3. Siesta Key Public Beach – Siesta Key, Florida
4. Hanalei Beach – Hanalei, Hawaii
5. Wai’anapanapa State Park – Hana, Hawaii
6. Wailea Beach – Wailea, Hawaii
7. Hunting Island State Park – Beaufort, South Carolina
8. Manini’owali Beach (Kua Bay) – Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
9. Saint Pete Beach – Saint Pete Beach, Florida
10. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve – Honolulu, Hawaii
Check out the rest of the list here: Travelers Choice US Beaches.
There are a lot of gems in this list, and more than a few I’d love to luxuriate in for a few days. What is cool about this list is it covers a ton of states. Sure hot spots in New York City, Los Angeles and Boston are featured, but so are a ton from Oregon, Arkansas and Tennesee.
Looks like I need to go South!
The Top 10 Are:
2. French Quarter Inn – Charleston, South Carolina
3. Bardessono – Yountville, California
4. Allison Inn & Spa – Newberg, Oregon
5. Five Pine Lodge & Spa – Sisters, Oregon
6. 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville – Bentonville, Arkansas
7. Tivoli Lodge – Vail, Colorado
8. The Sherry-Netherland Hotel – New York City, New York
9. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’upulehu – Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
10. The Oxford Hotel – Bend, Oregon
Check out the rest of the list here: Travelers Choice US Hotels.
Are you ready to start vacation planning?